At HSW we believe that the most important thing in everything we do is people; only by engaging and working closely and in partnership with our Client’s Leadership Team and Workforce will we be able to make a difference. Throughout our 5-step approach people are key, you don’t want to be paying for expensive consultants forever, so we ensure that we coach and train your people during our engagement so that we can leave a lasting legacy.
Our 5-step approach considers 5 key areas:
- Discover – Utilising tried and tested benchmarking, interview, and observational assessment techniques we are quickly able to identify current business performance and areas for improvement. We can then agree and communicate a clear vision and strategy for delivery, and prepare the organisation for implementation.
- Stabilise – Sometimes just ‘doing what we should be doing’ can have a massive impact on business performance. Whether it’s through areas of poor performance identified through the discover phase or already known to the business, we can implement containment or rapid improvement activity to stabilise performance and give a firm footing for any future improvement activity.
- Improve – Lean is often defined as ‘the relentless pursuit of the elimination of waste to enhance customer value’, where waste can include transportation, inventory, motion, waiting, over-production, over-processing, and defects. Implementation of Lean principles, tools, and techniques to drive a culture of continuous improvement across your entire organisation can realise huge benefits to the business.
- Transform – When small incremental change is insufficient for business improvement or turnaround a larger business change or transformation programme may be required. From current state mapping, vision, strategy and target operating model setting, through creation of road maps and plans to delivery and implementation we can lead or support to ensure your programme is a success.
- Sustain – In any organisation your people are your greatest asset. Throughout our engagements a key deliverable is knowledge transfer – passing on our experience and expertise to your staff so that change or improvement is long lasting and will continue long after we have gone. We can do this either through ‘on-the-job’ coaching or through our bespoke Lean Leadership and training courses which can be adapted to meet your needs.
Our Leadership Team
HSW is led by 3 Partners with diverse and extensive expertise and experience across a variety of industries including automotive, rail, aircraft, construction, utilities, manufacturing, petro-chemical, government and ministry of defence.
Chris Wellard, Managing Director
A results-oriented Programme Director and Business Executive with a proven track record of developing, leading and delivering strategic £multi-million Business Change and LEAN / Continuous Improvement initiatives to support business plan delivery and meet strategic objectives. Broad leadership experience with an emphasis on portfolio and programme management and recovery, organisational development and change management, people leadership; behavioural and culture change, and performance and process improvement. Over 34 years’ experience across various industries including 23 years exemplary service in the Royal Air Force.
Anton Hall, Director
An experienced, motivated and trusted Management Consultant with a proven track record of achievement in Programme Management, Business Transformation & Lean performance improvement initiatives. An accomplished manager & leader with exceptional commercial and contractual awareness, programme governance and stakeholder management, comfortable operating at all levels throughout an organisation.
Mark Salter, Director
An experienced Rail Professional and Management Consultant with proven delivery experience at all levels across Major Projects (Construction, new Rolling Stock, Signalling and Systems Integration, and TOC franchise bids), Business Change Programmes, Asset Management, Operations and HSQE, with over 20 years experience built up across London Underground, Network Rail, UK TOCs and also Consultancy work at government level in both Europe and Africa. An experienced Programme Manager with a thorough understanding of contractual and commercial issues, often brought in to advise on how best to deliver works in complex live environments, and in recovering programmes to clients timescales and requirements.
Our people are highly skilled and experienced professionals that have held senior leadership roles across a wide variety of sectors and industries.
HSW will only assign experienced consultants with a demonstrable track record of achievement. We pride ourselves on being professional, discrete and loyal to our clients.
Would you like to join us? Please head to our careers page and submit your CV – we are always looking for good people who can add value to our Clients.
Typically, HSW customers are large and medium sized, public and private sector organisations. HSW prides itself on delivery, being able to delight others; we consider no job too small or too complex.
We are particularly experienced and hold vast knowledge of government departments, regulators, and transport and capital infrastructure projects.
HSW are often directly contracted to Private companies, Government departments & organisations or affiliated on joint-venture assignments with larger consultancies as niche providers of subject matter expertise.
Our Code of Conduct
Since our inception in 2007 HSW’s reputation has continued to grow; our success built on the commitment and hard work of our staff, associates and supply chain. We hold our suppliers, business partners and other stakeholders to the same standards that we hold ourselves, to ensure that we all continue to move forward together. To support this, we have developed the HSW Code of Conduct.
Our Code of Conduct has been written to include our new Vision, Mission and Values, and an overview of our business policies that will maintain our reputation as an ethical, fair and trusted business partner. It is written as an introduction to the policies of the company as well as a framework for ethical decision making, it gives a big picture overview of company values and staff responsibilities.