Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. HSW has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings, and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain; and we expect the same high standards from all of our contractors and suppliers.
HSW specialises in helping infrastructure and service organisations embed a culture of operational excellence to improve strategic and BAU performance. The company has grown in a sustainable manner, through mature collaborative client and supplier relationships, built on total trust and demonstrable delivery. Our registered office is in London, UK, and we operate predominantly throughout England, Scotland and Wales with some international consultancy in the UAE.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Supplier Code of Conduct reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains. We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Code of Business Conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
HSW operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that particular organisation has never been convicted of offences relating to modern slavery. As part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
- They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery
- They (for UK based suppliers) pay their employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage (as appropriate)
- They (For International suppliers) pay their employees any prevailing minimum wage applicable within their country of operations
- They understand that we may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light
Approval for this Statement
This statement is made pursuant to the Modern Slavery Act and sets out the steps that HSW has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.